The Good Party – Lead Event Planner Job Posting
The Good Party is growing and we are looking to hire an Experienced Event Planner/Designer!
Our ideal candidate is a clear communicator, creative, detail oriented, and quick on both their feet and their emails. We are looking for a well spoken professional who is excited about creating someone’s Best Day Ever (!) while also having a clear grasp on logistics like timelines, site maps, floor plans, and budgeting.
Our team of Lead Planners/Designers think outside of the box, aren’t afraid to do some heavy lifting, and can stay calm, cool, and collected in stressful situations. They are punctual, diligent, and able to communicate eloquently both digitally and in all client facing situations.
What we are looking for:
- Someone to oversee the planning and execution of all aspects of our client’s events leading up to, and including, the event day itself
- Someone be the main point of contact for clients, vendors, and other event partners
- Familiarity with other vendors in the industry and the role that they play with events
- 3+ years experience in event planning/production
- 3+ years in customer service/administration/hospitality
- Someone who loves teamwork
- Access to a vehicle and phone/laptop
- Someone to committed to join our award winning team for the 2022+ 2023 event seasons, at minimum
- Must be available weekends from May – September
- Someone who doesn’t hate balloons, they are a big part of our colourful world
What we offer:
- A colourful, and open work space located in Langford that is yours to use!
- A team of hard-working assistants to support you on event day
- Guidance, support, mentorship from a team of planners with 25+ years combined experience
- A couple of very cute office pups
This is a contract position that can potentially be held alongside another job – whether it’s part time or full time, we will be flexible for the perfect candidate.
As a note, for an immediate hire in summer 2021 looking for full-time work, there may be an opportunity to work alongside some of our lead planners in a catering related event planning position or a venue coordination related position.
To apply, please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com, creative portfolios are always encouraged!