Come join the Party!
The Good Party – Event Assistant Job Posting
The Good Party is looking for multiple Event Assistants for the 2023 wedding season
Our ideal candidate is a hard worker, clear communicator, detail oriented, and quick on their feet (literally)! We are looking for people who are excited about helping create our clients best day ever!
Our team members love Love, love taking on new challenges, and can remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations. We aren’t afraid of some heavy lifting and enjoy working in a team.
What we are looking for:
- Works well with a team, takes direction well, but is also able to work independently & take initiative
- Has guaranteed access to a vehicle and a cell phone
- Is available weekends from May – September (not all, but most!)
- Previous event experience is an asset but not necessary, you’ll learn quick!
- Experience in customer service/hospitality – tell us about your demonstrated ability to go above and beyond and create great experiences and connections!
- Willing to help our Lead Planners execute a couple’s visions in whatever way necessary. This means being on site and helping with set up, take down, details throughout the day, communicating with guests or vendors, and being the Planner’s right hand person when they need you!
- Not afraid of long days or nights (assistants can expect to be on site from anywhere between 8 – 12 hours), happy to get their steps in (we have a competition going!), and alright with getting a little sweaty at times!
- A fan of dogs, cats, balloons, and disco balls – they are a big part of our world!
What we offer:
- A colourful, fun filled summer experience unlike any other
- A casual job with the opportunity to work in a new location every weekend!
- A team of passionate, hard-working people to learn from and lean on for support
- An opportunity to learn more about the world of event planning with guidance, support, mentorship from a team of events planners with 50+ years combined experience (with the chance to move into a lead planner position for upcoming seasons!)
- A very cute office pup and two kitties
This is a casual position that can be held alongside another job. Event Assistants can expect anywhere between 8 – 24 hours on a wedding weekend from Friday – Sunday, May through September. There may be some week day weddings, or out of town weddings so the opportunities for fun are endless!
We want to spend the summer with you!
To apply, please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19th, 2023.
The Good Party – Experienced Lead Event Planner Job Posting
The Good Party is growing and we are looking to hire an Experienced Event Planner/Designer!
Our ideal candidate is a clear communicator, creative, detail oriented, and quick on both their feet and their emails. We are looking for a well spoken professional who is excited about creating someone’s Best Day Ever (!) while also having a clear grasp on logistics like timelines, site maps, floor plans, and budgeting. For the 2022 season, we’re looking for a candidate with strong experience who can jump right in to planning and fit in well with our team and our clients.
Our team of Lead Planners/Designers think outside of the box, aren’t afraid to do some heavy lifting, and can stay calm, cool, and collected in stressful situations. They are punctual, diligent, and able to communicate eloquently both digitally and in all client facing situations.
What we are looking for:
- Someone to oversee the planning and execution of all aspects of our client’s events leading up to, and including, the event day itself
- Someone be the main point of contact for clients, vendors, and other event partners
- Familiarity with other vendors in the industry and the role that they play with events
- 3+ years experience in event planning/production
- 3+ years in customer service/administration/hospitality
- Someone who loves teamwork
- Access to a vehicle and phone/laptop
- Someone to committed to join our award winning team for the 2022+ 2023 event seasons, at minimum
- Must be available (most) weekends from May – September
- Someone who doesn’t hate balloons, they are a big part of our colourful world
What we offer:
- A colourful, and open work space located in Langford that is yours to use!
- A team of hard-working assistants to support you on event day
- Guidance, support, mentorship from a team of planners with 50+ years combined experience
- A couple of very cute office pups
This is a contract position that can potentially be held alongside another job – whether it’s part time or full time, we will be flexible for the perfect candidate. Candidates can except to jump right in with some 2023 clients, as well as 2024 clients in the near future.
To apply, please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com, creative portfolios are always encouraged!